Specialist Social Skills and Obedience Workshops
PLEASE NOTE: These are invitation only, an assessment/call with Penny is needed prior to these training sessions and they are on going monthly Tuesday sessions Please DO NOT fill out an enrolment form.
This program works in two stages.
Stage 1 – Dogs start individually working in 1 acre field whilst other owners watch and learn from each others dogs..
• Cued Behaviours which may help in situations when the dog is exposed to stimuli which triggers a reaction we deem to be undesirable.
• Exposing dogs gently and calmly to other dogs within their own capability.
• Some one to one exercises whilst the other dogs are put away, this encourages interaction of group members who learn from each other and support each other.
• Owning a reactive dog can be socially isolating so this class addressed the needs of the owners as well as the dogs.
• Owners are helped to understand their own dogs needs through effective communication.
Your dog may benefit from a specialist working group where we put dogs together and run through basic skills with them at safe distances.